Spend the holidays with Jesus
The Christmas season is a great time to deepen your relationship with God.
I love holidays! I get excited just thinking about them.
They are a great time to just get away from everything and relax. There's no school, no homework, and no getting up early.
One of the good (and bad) things about holidays is that routine goes out the window.
It’s sometimes bad because we can often feel like being a follower of Jesus goes on holiday too. We stop thinking about Jesus or talking to him, even worse, we stop living a way that pleases him.
Don't take a holiday from Jesus
Being a Christian is about being in a relationship. It’s a relationship with Jesus. We often use holidays to hang with friends but do we use our holiday to hang with Jesus?
Here’s a few ways you could 'hang with Jesus' these holidays:
- Read a chapter of Mark's gospel each day and hear Jesus speak.
- Go to a quiet place and pray for an extended time.
- Write out a letter to Jesus and pray it.
- Catch up with friends and ask them what they are learning about Jesus.
- Read a book about Jesus.
- Don't stop going to church!
- Write out how you want to grow as a Christian in the new year
The list could go on…
Use your holidays well
I really want to encourage you to spend these holidays in the most important relationship you have - your relationship with your God and Savior, Jesus Christ. It will be worth it.
If you have other ways to use holidays to work on your relationship with God, why not share them in the comments section below.