Don’t freak out!
No matter what you're facing, God says 'trust me'!
Ever had the experience where just before something crazy is about to happen, someone has said to you, “ok, don't freak out, but...”
'Don’t freak out' is my version of one of the most common commandments in the Bible – 'Do not be afraid', which appears a total of 365 times!
God often uses the phrase “do not be afraid, fear not, or don't be afraid” when he is asking someone to do something scary or something that they are not used to. Here are just a few examples:
- DON’T FREAK OUT, even though you’re going to go to war against a mighty enemy….. (Deuteronomy 20)
- DON'T FREAK OUT, but you’re going to cross The Red Sea (Exodus 14)
- DON’T FREAK OUT, but I'm going to need you to preach the gospel to a hostile people (Acts 18:9)
God knows everything that has happened, everything that is happening, and everythiing that will ever happen in the future. We do not have to freak out about our future; because he already knows it, and we can trust his good plans for the world and for ourselves.
You don't need to be afraid because God loves you. God knows you better than you know yourself; he has numbered the hairs on your head (Matthew 10:30).
He knows what will happen to you tomorrow, and he knows what you've been through in the past. He has a plan for your life, and all he asks is for you to trust him, stick with him, and NOT freak out.
So, what does all this mean for you?
- DON’T FREAK OUT about your future!
- DON’T FREAK OUT about your life!
- DON’T FREAK OUT no matter what challenges you may be facing
My encouragement to you is to replace freaking out with trusting in God. Be courageous, have faith, face life in prayer with God. He is a good God and will carry you through. You do not have to be afraid.
Written by Bobby Schuller, edited by Dakota Shyres.