Breaking News: Teenager does something
Share your story of cool things you have done too...
Jessica Watson is one crazy teenager: she… did something. She is now the youngest to sail solo and unassisted around the world. On Saturday she arrived back in Sydney Harbour receiving a hero’s welcome from the Prime Minister, the NSW Premier, Channel Ten and tens of thousands keen on celebrating the milestone. I think some are shocked that a teenager could accomplish so much so young. It really is an incredible feat.
I thought it would be cool to hear of some stories you won’t see on the news about teenagers who are doing useful things. I know teenagers who:
- give their pocket money away to help fight hunger
- stand up at school and say they follow Jesus
- do something useful with their schoolies trip
- say no to having sex outside of marriage
- pray for the persecuted church
- care more about what God thinks than their friends think
- don’t cut corners in their casual job
- paid for the music on their iPod
- honour their parents
- can remember more Bible verses than The Simpsons quotes
- don’t worship money
- say sorry when they’re wrong
- spend 10 minutes a day thanking Jesus
- do hard things
Read more about
Most Shared This Month
Questions & Answers
Got a question about Christianity? Ask Fervr.