Youth Ministry - Creating Your Vision
Casting vision is an important aspect of leading a youth ministry.
Casting vision is an important aspect of leading a youth ministry. The following are 6 tips I sent to a friend who asked for some advice in writing a vision talk for his youth group kick-off talk. (I’m guessing they are applicable in any ministry).
1) Keep it big. Help people see the size of the vision.
2) Keep it small. Help people see how they can be part of it in their own way.
3) Don’t tackle too much. You might refer to each purpose, but you wouldn’t want to explain each in length.
4) Remember your audience. Have something younger have something older. eg “if you’re in yr 7 it might look like this”, “if you’re in yr 12…”
5) Remind people of the gospel. The cross of Jesus ought to drive all of our preaching and ministry.
6) Get people pumped!
Post originally from here