What God says about you
A quick scan of the New Testament shows you are loved more than you realise.
In a recent post over at 412teens, an 18 year-old Christian girl called Stephanie shared her thoughts on why we need to find our identity in Christ, not in the things we do, or the relationships we have.
As part of the post, she pulled together a powerful list of verses from the Bible that show that many ways that you are loved by God. Check it out below - and take a moment to thank God for his incredible love for you!
"Do you know how special you are in God's eyes? If you don't, that's why you're still trying to fit in with the world. Here's what the Bible says about YOU once you have a new identity in Christ:
- You are His own special possession. (1 Peter 2:9, Deuteronomy 14:2)
- You are chosen, handpicked by the God who created the universe. (1 Peter 2:9, Jeremiah 1:5, Ephesians 1:3-4)
- You are treasured. (Deuteronomy 7:6 14:2, 26:18)
- You are irreplaceable. (1 Thessalonians 1:4)
- You are loved beyond compare. (1 John 4:19, 4:10, 3:16, Romans 5:8, 8:35-39)
- You are worth dying for. (1 John 3:16, Romans 5:7-9)
- You are forgiven. (Ephesians 1:7, 1 John 1:9, Romans 8:1, 33-39)
- You are His child. (1 John 3:1, Galatians 3:26)
- You are secured for all eternity. (2 Corinthians 1:22, John 10:28-29)
- You are set free. (Romans 6:18, Galatians 5:1)
- You are precious to Him. (Isaiah 43:4)
- You are set apart. (John 15:16, 19, I Peter 2:9)
On good days, it might be easy to agree, but when the bottom comes out under you, do you still believe it? Embrace it? Or do doubts arise?
No matter how you feel today, or who you used to be, or what you're going through, your identity in your loving Father is who you are for all eternity. Because Jesus died and rose again for the forgiveness of your sins, when you received His sacrifice as gift to you, you instantly became His. This is who you are."