Do it A-L-L for the glory of God
Yep, that includes eating, drinking, playing sport and posting online.
“So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” 1 Cornithians 10:31
Did you see that little word in the second half of the sentence there? All ... A-L-L. Three letters that blow this verse out to huge proportions!!! The “all” there means EVERY, SINGLE aspect of our lives. It means that we are to bring God glory in everything that we do.
We are meant to...
- Go to school to the glory of God
- Play sport to the glory of God
- Talk to our friends to the glory of God
- Eat to the glory of God
- Facebook to the glory of God
- Tweet to the glory of God
Have you ever considered that all the things you do in your life are to be to God’s glory?
Sure going to church and sharing Jesus with our friends are activities can bring glory to God. But can eating my dinner? Catching the bus? Driving around? Going shopping? Do we all those little moments and circumstances in our life in which we can bring glory to God?
How do we bring God glory in these moments? Primarily we can do it in two ways:
- We bring him glory by doing these activities in a way that would please Him
- We aim to be righteous and live lives worthy of our God. Therefore, we do the activities in such a way that God is honoured before other people, before our friends, our family and even complete strangers
How about you pause for a moment now and identify some areas of your life you might not have considered before, and pray that God might help you to bring Him glory in everything you do!