Teen Sex By the Book
"And you, your sex is on fire,- Kings of Leon, Sex on Fire
Consumed with what's to transpire"
Let’s be blunt … we are a sex obsessed-society and,
quite simply, we can’t get enough.
Do you reckon that’s a bit harsh? Just think about how many sexual
images you’ve been exposed to today via social media, music, the internet,
television and smartphone. Think about how you’ve felt about your own
body, your sexuality and your attractiveness. Think about how many
conversations you’ve had with your friends about ‘that’ girl at school or the hot
guy that catches your bus.
Sex surrounds us. It’s not something we need to go looking for. The question for
Christians 'How do we manage our sexual desire in a way that is God-honouring and countercultural?' What kind of lifestyle leads to healthy, pleasurable sex and intimate, satisfying relationships that last a lifetime?
Teen Sex By the Book answers your questions about teenage sexuality and relationships. Renowned sex therapist and educator Dr Patricia Weerakoon, explores the topics of sexual desire and arousal, falling in love, and dating—things like, ‘How far is too far?’ You’ll also cover topics like cybersex, pornography and homosexuality, and the effects these can have on our sex lives.
The discussion is frank and, in parts, explicit. Ultimately, it calls you to consider who you are and what you stand for.
M15+ Recommended for ages 15 and over. Contains adult themes and sexual references.
- Teen Sex By the Book will not only help answer the questions that no-one else wants to deal with, it will also help you make up your own mind about sex. Well worth a read! [Read more]
- Lisa Brown, Lecturer in Youth Ministry
Ridley Mission and Ministry College
- In this book, Dr Weerakoon draws upon her international experience as a sex-therapist to foster an unblushing three-way conversation between the experiences of young people, scripture and the important contemporary findings of social research, psychology, sex therapy and neuroscience.
- Rowan Lewis, Lecturer in Youth Studies
Tabor College Victoria
- As a sex therapist I loved the book. It is medically and statistically accurate, and Patricia does not shy away from the big issues and behaviours of teens today. [Read more]
- Dr Amelia Haines
- If you’re a teenager, all that sex stuff you think about and your mates talk about — the stuff you think no one else knows — it’s all in here. [Read more]
- Steve Wakeford, Assistant Minister at Menai Anglican Church and Chairman of KYCK
Interested in having Patricia Weerakoon speak at your church, youth group, houseparty or seminar?
Or perhaps you are interested in interviewing her for your upcoming publication?
Contact us and we will put you in touch with Patricia!